Dr. I. T.
What you receive
Powerful ideas, strategies, tips, tools for pharmaceutical marketing which help you to
- Gain more impact
- Achieve results
- Become more successful
Join us for a mind-expanding look behind the scenes of the industry
The recipe for success? First analyze the market, then design your strategy. Start a dialogue with your customers. Try out new things. The Web should play a big, bold role in your communication strategy. Make things happen.
Download Selected Presentation Charts for Free
By attending this interactive and dynamic course you will
- Win Customers
Convince stakeholders by meeting the needs of physicians, experts,
patients, pharmacists, payers, and managers
- Grow Revenue
Increase sales and profits by developing a smart strategy and
implementing the appropriate tactics
- Strengthen Your Market Position
Increase market share by highlighting the value of your product and
by building a strong brand
This intensive workshop will help you realize your full potential
The workshop will focus on
- Solutions: Original insights solving real-life case studies
- Outcome: Practical tips for effective implementation
- Results: Recommendations for maximizing your impact
You will update your know-how using an approach that is
- Imaginative: Vivid examples and stimulating suggestions
- Grounded: Based on extensive industry-specific experience
- Personal: Discover and exploit hidden opportunities
This event is a dynamic and energizing learning experience.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for product managers and marketers early in their careers.
It is also beneficial for more experienced managers who want to refresh their current
know-how and for solution providers wishing to understand pharma marketing.
Participants will be asked to complete a one-page "pre-program questionnaire"
to be returned prior to the workshop. This will help prepare a program tailored
to their needs.
Why Should I Attend?
You will benefit from Gunter's experience: 10 years as a physician,
12 years in the research and generic pharmaceutical industries
(as medical director, marketing director and global team leader),
10 years as a professional trainer and consultant for more than
35 pharmaceutical and medical device companies. In addition,
you will get the best of two books published in three languages.
What others said
"A fabulous course - I wish I had attended this earlier"
"Your tips and recommendations enriched our work"
"A top seminar - I got a lot of ideas"
"You are helping us do better business"
Making Marketing Work For You
Identify your Success Criteria
- Overview of key performance indicators
- Intermediate criteria: Response rates, unique visitors, conversion rate, etc
- Financial objectives: Revenue, cash flow, return on investment (ROI)
- Your personal goals: Gain experience, enlarge network, realize aspirations
Develop a Clear Marketing Strategy
- Your roadmap to success
- Analysis: Investigate target group and marketing dynamics
- The SWOT analysis
- Capitalize on Opportunities
- Unmet need: Understand the prospect‘s problem
- Positioning: Develop a powerful message
- Attention: Arouse interest in content
- Benefit: Offer a fact-based solution
- Superiority: Show unique value and outwit the competition
- Validation: Support with reference, quote, story
- Behavior: Ask for action
- Getting professional support from outside
Build a Winning Brand
- Hallmarks of successful brands: The 4 'C's
- Enforce adherence to branding guidelines
- Resist your agency's temptations
- Address all senses creatively
- Trademark: Make brand name known
- Brand vocabulary: Identify distinctive words
- Core message: Concentrate key content into one sentence
- Bullet points: Formulate additional short statements
- Important number: Identify the most relevant number
- Memorable marks: Select a letter, syllable, symbol
- Easy legibility: Select appropriate font, size and contrast
- Proven layout: Choose an effective page format
- Right color: Use brand color
- Comprehensible tables: Optimize rows and columns
- Convincing graphs: Make diagrams crystal-clear
- Compelling visuals: Use suitable and consistent images
- Give-aways: Find appropriate objects
- Check: Test draft and adapt to feedback
Start a Dialogue with Your Customers
- Overview of channels
- Select effective communication routes
- Experts: Advisory boards, professional societies
- Events: Conferences, workshops, presentations
- Scientific publications: Abstracts, articles
- Personal contacts: Connect and network with people
- Market research: Interviews, focus groups
- Online: Websites, videos, social media, communities
- Public relations: Engage the media, work with journalists
- Advertising: Print and electronic adverts, brochures
- Sales force: Train and motivate representatives
- Direct marketing: Mailings
- Telephone service hotlines and call centers
- Continuing medical education
- Clinical studies
- Sponsoring societies and patient advocacy groups
- Imaginative actions
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- CRM as a company-wide business strategy
- Manage your interactions with prospects and clients
- Ensure top-level support before starting
- Philosophy: One face to the customer
- Tackle business issues before choosing a technology
- Organize CRM around the customer and not products
- Estimate customer life time value (CLV)
- Navigate toward valuable clients
- Nurture customers and entice former customers to come back
- The challenge of implementing CRM
How to Implement Effectively
- Moving from theory to practice: Execute your plans
- Your recipe for accomplishment: Keep the project moving
- Write a comprehensive high-impact action plan
- Post deadlines and milestones: Make timelines visible
- Ensure follow-up and monitor performance
Harness the Power of Words (includes exercises)
- Develop the complete package to express your message
- Words can be jewels that convey your competitive advantage
- Employ words that are easy to imagine and have invisible pull
- Know the 'magic' words
- Employ words that inspire, excite and reassure
- Be careful with 'power talk'
- Follow the 'Question and Answer' scheme
- Remember Zarathustra: Speak the truth, but speak it pleasantly
- Edit your texts: 'Translate' into the positive version
- Examples for turning negative words into positive words
- Convert 'blind' headlines into interesting titles
- Insert purposeful subheadings
- Trial vocabulary revisited: Post it!
Choosing Layout, Style, Design (includes exercises)
- Sophisticated art work versus design that works
- Augment the impact of your text by placing bullet points
- Choose logotype, letter size, width of lines, spacing, background color
- Layout: Make best use of the most precious space
- The fine art of combining picture and text
- Always use a caption for your pictures
- Don'ts and Dos for captions
- Format for headlines
- Example: Rearrange layout
- Sophisticated art work versus design that works
Financials for Non-Financial People (includes exercises)
- Break-even point
- Profit vs cash-flow
- Profit margin
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Product contribution
- Net Present Value (NPV)
Health Economics and Outcomes Research (includes exercises)
- Marketing aspects of HEOR
- Cost-Minimization Analysis (CMA)
- Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA)
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis (CEA)
- Cost-Utility Analysis (CUA)
Becoming a Leader
- Keep in mind the key success factors: The 3 'P's
- Become the "go to" person
- Attract good people: Get talent on board
- Themes that excite people
- Provide an experience
- Educate your team members: Train them and teach them
- Demand performance: Make people deliver results
- Reward your people: Offer gifts and prizes
Shape Your Future
- Envision your future: A fulfilling career
- Design your personal blueprint
- Invest in your professional growth
- Expand your know-how
- Live up to your potential
- You will receive a hard copy of the course documentation.
- You can also download the course documentation.
- Changes in the actual program may occur.
- The live program will be adjusted to reflect the participants' wishes.
Informal style. Casual attire permitted and recommended.
You Receive Key Learnings From Articles and Books
Successfully Marketing Clinical Trial Results
Winning in the Healthcare Business
"The Blue Communication Book", Gower Publishing, London
Download free checklists
Listen to free audiobook version
The resulting insights help you create the blueprint for your future professional success.
Günter Umbach, M.D., is a board-certified gynecologist, a former research fellow at
the University of Texas, a Senior Associate of Management Centre Europe, a guest
lecturer at several universities and a professional member of the Global Speakers
Federation and the Institute of Management Consultants USA.
Clients in twelve countries include pharmaceutical and medical device companies as
well as advertising agencies, clinical research organisations and communication firms.
They profit from his experience as medical advisor, medical director and marketing
director in the pharmaceutical industry.
Interviews, articles, videos, an English audio book and two books published in
three languages illustrate how to benefit from scientific data and how to succeed
in the healthcare business. For free tips please visit www.umbachpartner.com
Once the five seats are taken, registration is closed. First come, first served.
Each participant will receive a "Pharma Marketing Certificate".
Date and Time
Intensive three-day program
Wednesday, 17 October to Friday, 19 October 2012
Day I, II, III
Official Workshop: 09:00 - 17:00
Day I and II
Option for informal discussion: 17:00 - 18:00
Snacks, coffee, lunch and refreshments are included.
- 2000 Euro + VAT
- 1800 Euro + VAT for the second participant from the same company
Reserve Your Place Now
Join us for an exciting program: Click here to register online